Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"Great baby! Delicious!"

I'm not too conscious right now. But I figure that if I give my blog a new, rather ugly color scheme, I should also make a post.

Today's theme is...Awkwardness.

My buddy thirdmango and I have shared a fair amount of social situations. It is clear that we are marked by a particular mark. We can, merely by exercising our native talents, cause shuddering dread to even the most hardy of opponents. If we wholeheartedly focus our powers, we can cause the destruction of entire civilizations. Is this blessing, or curse? One can only guess. But I'd probably guess "curse."

Yesterday...I guess "two days ago," because it's now 12:46 ..., I demonstrated one principle of controlled awkwardness to a female coworker (with her permission, of course). That was Proximity, perhaps one of the most simultaneously basic yet destructive techniques known to our kind. It isn't necessary to have every inch of the body close to the victim's body; in fact, only my legs were close enough to have any effect, and what an effect it was! But then when my "team leader" (probably a mini-boss that doesn't get paid more than me) came to work, I sneakily whispered "check this out" and approached him, a menacing gleam in my eyes. For you see, the previous demonstration had made me bloodthirsty. So I pulled the dreaded "your pockets are not personal space" move, which is deadly in and of itself. Then I utilized Principle 2: Lingering Eye Contact.

One can destroy the body with weapons, but only awkwardness can destroy the mind.

3 comments:

Thirdmango said...

Tis true, if I didn't like these people they'd be like that last group of friends who betrayed me, I used my "mind-blow ninjutsu" on them and they were brain syrup after that.

Krebscout said...

You realize that, like the sith, there cannot be two of you.

Your first assignment: destroy thirdmango.

Thirdmango said...

wow, only two blog posts in, and already a Star Wars reference, I don't know whether you should kill yourself or be hailed as a Star Wars King.