Thursday, July 5, 2007

It's not unusual...

So uh, how's everybody doing? I have a Tom Jones song (or rather, a cover by Five Iron Frenzy) in my head right now...This is cause for rejoicing.

I just finished Catcher in the Rye today, so I'm whiny and unfocused like Holden Caulfield. This brings me to my next point: I knew a fellow who would often wear an MIT sweater. He wasn't Mormon, or even Christian (I think), so it irked him somewhat when people asked him if it meant "Missionary In Training." In my imagination, it's always some gray-haired patriarchal type guy that asks this, pretty close to retirement from his high-powered company where he meets with high-powered clients to discuss high-powered business deals over high-powered lunch. Despite bein' 60ish, though, he's got some booming voice and always dresses sharply, even when he jogs.

Anyways (not to take attention away from Father Abraham), I later learned that MIT sweater fella was gay. Uh, is gay. So, to use my amazing logic powers, wearing an MIT sweater means you're gay. Everybody at MIT wears MIT sweaters. Therefore, everybody at MIT is gay. So it's good that I didn't get accepted there!!!! Because I'm homophobic!!!!

In other news, I saw my good friend Genghis Khan yesterday. He just got back from his mission; were he to wear something that said MIT on it, it really would have meant "Missionary In Training." He's just as I remember him, though; he hasn't changed much since 5th grade, when we first became friends. I guess nobody changes too much, but rather they grow. And grow he has.

Have I grown? It's been six months and change* since I returned from my own mission. And six months ago, I would have unequivocally said "Yeaaaaaaahhh!!!" But now I'm not so sure; I have to wonder if I have regressed a bit. For one thing, I tried to make myself a lot more emotionally open and honest, particularly when I was about to return. However, somehow or other I've thrown up my walls, and it's difficult to communicate again. At least I've figured some stuff out, and figuring some stuff out is fifty percent of the conflict!!!! Wahahaha!

Thank you for your read my rambling blog entry.

P.S.: I hope somebody's computer gets fixed way soon.

*Specifically, $47.59.

3 comments:

Ben said...

My Thursdays/Fridays are always brightened by your semicoherent and amazingly humorous blogposts. Thank you for your insanity. And your support.

Rachel Helps said...

hahaha. ;-)

Thirdmango said...

This post has been brought to you by exclamation points!

"I LOVE exclamation points!" - Random Primary President