Monday, February 9, 2009

"Hey Ladies Fans"

I'm feeling good-o. Over the last month or so I've found that physical activity is ridiculously, ridiculously good for my mental health.

The title of this post is the title of an Ill Mitch track. I tried to look Ill Mitch up on Wikipedia, but apparently the closest article is "The Sexorcist." Uhh, right.

Here's another installment of "Why Does This Song Affect Me Like This?": I just listened to "Waterslides" by the Aquabats, and I guess I've tied it to certain emotions and times of my life...It makes me feel somewhere between pensive and nostalgic, if that's possible at 23 years old. At any rate, it's really a pretty song and somewhat of a departure from the rest of the Aquabats' oeuvre. Listen!

To bring this full-circle, I also like the song "Hello, Goodnight" by the same band. I just read on a website that: "Whenever I saw them live, before they played this one, MC Bat Commander started saying how if you're really depressed to just call somebody, anybody, that it'd be alright."

I really like the Aquabats, largely because they strike me as decent people. What other bands are like this?

2 comments:

Rachel Helps said...

Belle and Sebastien always seem to have a lot of fun. I don't know if they're great people or not though...

krebscout said...

I think Zap Rowzdower has some pretty decent chaps.

How is that meant to be spelled?